March 16 - 17, 2017
The opportunities of digital research enhance scientific methodology, networking possibilities and insight. In particular, modern information systems support the development of research methods, assist in virtual collaboration and increase the value of research data.
The focus of the E-Science Days 2017 is Research Data Management (RDM). The main topics are the current state of RDM, new challenges and opportunities for working with research data. The E-Science Days offer a forum for both researchers and representatives of infrastructure departments to discuss the initialisation and establishment of sustainable RDM solutions. At the event you will be able to take part in the following activities:
- A scientific conference with state-of-the-art contributions in the field of RDM
- A panel discussion addressing funding questions regarding RDM
- An exhibition with information stands giving researches the possibility to discuss issues with experts
- Workshops and Tutorials on RDM developments and tools
- A poster session in which current projects present the latest developments in the field of E-Science
The E-Science Days 2017 are organised by the project bwFDM-Info in conjunction with the Karlsruher Institute of Technology (KIT), Heidelberg University, University of Hohenheim, University of Konstanz and the University of Tübingen. Besides that, the organisers operate the online portal forschungsdaten.info.
The event is funded by the Baden-Württemberg Ministry of Science, Research and the Arts.