We call for the submission of contributions on Research Data Management (RDM). Discipline-specific solutions and challenges as well as institutional efforts are of special interest.
The main topics of the conference include, but are not limited to, the following aspects of handling research data:
- Discipline-specific or multidisciplinary challenges
- Institutional specific approaches and solutions
- Open Data / Open Science / Open Access
- Data formats and standards
- Regulations and laws regarding data protection and data security
- Quality Control (QC)
- Specific and generic RDM tools
- Archivation, reproducibility and data reuse
- Data and knowledge networks
- Education and training in RDM
The contributions must address scientific questions, examples of best practices or case studies.
|Submission deadline:||December 9, 2016|
|Notification of approval:||January 13, 2017|
|Early bird registration until:||January 31, 2017|
|Registration open until:||March 01, 2017|
|Event days:||March 16 - 17, 2017|
Authors are invited to submit contributions on their new developments. The developments are to be described in abstracts of 500 words maximum in either German or English. Abstracts can be submitted via the following portal:
The submitted contributions are reviewed on the basis of their novelty value. Upon positive review, the contributions are to be presented in a 20 minute talk in one of the conference sessions.
Accepted contributions can be written out in articles of 12 pages maximum, which will be published in open access conference proceedings.
Prof. Dr. Vincent Heuveline – Heidelberg University
Karl-Wilhelm Horstmann – University of Hohenheim
Frank Scholze – Karlsruher Institut für Technologie (KIT)
Prof. Dr. Achim Streit – Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Stefan Wesner – Universtity of Ulm